Introduced in Ben 10 Returns: Part 2, they serve as communicators and can generate a signature allowing them to locate their owners. All Plumber Badge's have the galactic peace symbol on it.
The Omnitrix is mentioned to act as a Plumber's badge, explaining why Ben doesn't have or need one. This is the reason why the omnitrix takes the form of a Plumbers' badge when in alien form.
The Ultimatrix, while still functioning like a Plumbers' badge, is not recognized as one. Because of this, Ben now has his own Plumbers' badge for identification and communicating with other Plumbers.
A Plumber's badge looks like a circular, disk-like object marked with the galactic peace symbol on it. When in use it glows and is manipulated by tapping different parts. The badge can be used on Ben's or Kevin's car. Azmuth uses the badges symbol to show the Omnitrix and the Ultimatrix as devices meant for peaceful purposes to help other aliens to understand each other.
- Locator: Creates a holographic map that can pin-point the location of another Plumber's Badge with a flashing dot.
- Communicator: It has a two-way communication system with the Omnitrix/Ultimatrix and any other Plumber Badge.
- Universal Translator: Translates any language into any other.
- Radiation Detector: Plumber's Badge will flash red and produce sounds when radiation is detected.
- Extranet Access: Gwen used her badge to connect her laptop to the Extranet (an intergalactic version of the Internet.)
- For some reason, the badges never appeared in the original Ben 10 series, but the Omnitrix had it in the series.
- The Omnitrix/Ultimatrix assumes the form of a Plumber' Badge even when the user is transformed.
- The Omnitrix and Ultimatrix can be used as Plumber's Badges (The Ultimatrix to a lesser extent).
- Due to the complexity of their language, the Plumbers' Badges are incapable of translating what a Vulpimancer is saying into a different language, like english.