Lodestar is the Codon Stream's DNA sample of a Biosovortian from magnety
Lodestar has a floating metal head and he has crab-like claws for hands and feet similar to Heatblast's feet, and his body is mainly black with yellow feet, hands, shoulders and chest. His mouth does not move, even when he is talking. In Omniverse, Lodestar's head is more defined, resemble that of a human skull. He also has a crest-shaped eyebrow attached to his forehead.
Lodestar has magnetic powers, and powers over all metal. Lodestar also has the ability to magnetize any metal or metallic object.
- In Busy Box, it is also shown that he can emit magnetic pulses. He also generated green static on his hand and was about to use it to destroy the Naljian Destructor's core before one of the Naljian appeared and intervened.
- In Vendetta, it was revealed that he can also use magnetic waves as attacks.
- In Ultimate Aggregor, he uses his flight to get into Aggregor's ship. After the ship explodes, he was assumed dead but used his abilities to pull his parts back together. In the same episode, it is shown he can create electromagnetic force fields around himself, similar to Gwen's mana shields, generating green electricity while doing so. The barrier around him was mobile and, with it still around him, he used it to ram into and plow through Aggressor's robots.
- He also has super strength, much more than a human as shown in Video Games when he grabs Will Harangue's robot's legs, and holds it up to keep it from attacking him. He was strong enough to smash through stone walls and knock away Aggreggor in Night of the Living Nightmare.
- In The Purge, Lodestar was able to generate the same charge to propel Kevin through a robotic dragon. Since his powers may consist of magnetic fields being generated, he himself is 100% non-metal in order to not be affected by his own powers.
- Lodestar's name comes from Lodestone, a highly magnetic rock referencing to his powers.
- Almost every time Ben turned into Lodestar, Ben tried to turn into Humungousaur (In Alien Force).
- Like Big Chill with his "cold" and "ice" puns, Lodestar always comments on his "magnetic personality".
- Lodestar's hands and mouth are similar to Brainstorm's and his feet are similar to Heatblast's and Four Arms's.
- Lodestar is the second alien to have no neck, with the first being Cannonbolt.