Chromastone is the Codon Stream's sample of the Crystalsapien species from the planet Petropia.
His body is overall purple body color with several lines and dots. His hands and face are magenta, also sport six magenta shards on his back, two on his chest, and one on the top of his head, resembling a horn. In height, his species is about 6 to 7 feet. His facial structure consists of one large, green, cyclopian eye at the center and his mouth is only visible when speaking.
Chromastone's species are super dense making them nearly indestructible and have the ability to absorb energy like a conductor and channel it into ultraviolet laser beams or intense natural light. He is also able to allow it to pass through his body via refraction which is blasted back to the foe. He can also produce blasts without having to absorb. He possesses super-strength, as he was able to easily overpower a Techadon-enhanced Cash in The Gauntlet.
Chromastone's main weakness is that he is unable to absorb energy when not expecting it or is too weak to do so. He also cannot absorb so much energy at one time.
- Chromastone is the first alien who appeared in the recalibrated Omnitrix, but only as a hologram.
- When Ben becomes Chromastone, he almost always poses dramatically.
- Chromastone is the first alien to be destroyed. The second is Way Big, the third is Ultimate Swampfire and the fourth is Swampfire.
- Chromastone's name is a play on the word Chromosome meaning a structure of acids and proteins in the nucleus of most living cells.
- Despite having the ability to fly prior, Chromastone is not seen flying until The Creature From Beyond.
- In Vilgax Attacks, the number of crystals on Chromastone's back is four instead of six, this was a mistake.